Agencies and Individuals Confirmed Attending:
- Office of Inspector General
- New Jersey State Police
- New Jersey Office of the Public Defender
- New Jersey Department of Corrections
- U.S. Federal Probation Office
- Rutgers University Police Department
- Somerset County Prosecutor's Office
- New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice
- Local Law Enforcement/Public Safety
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Criminal lawyers
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firerarms, and Explosives
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- New Jersey State Parole Board
Volunteer Opportunity with the N.J. Department of Corrections
Incredible opportunities exist with the NJ Department of Corrections to volunteer and increase the educational levels of our students while at the same time learning a tremendous amount about the prison system here in New Jersey.
The NJDOC recognizes volunteers as an integral and essential resource toward fulfilling the mission of our organization to better prepare our student/inmates as they re-enter our communities. Accordingly, NJDOC provides an environment where volunteers are valued and respected for their incredible contribution to our mission to better educate our students. Volunteers assist our education staff by tutoring students in the core curriculum subjects.
All individuals interested in volunteering must complete a volunteer application, sign the rules form and submit to a background investigation (no cost to volunteer).
Link for Volunteer Application, Rules Form and Background Check:
Rules Form - http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/pdf/VolServices/Form_450-II(Eng)_editable.pdf
Application - http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/pdf/VolServices/Form%20450-I%20(Eng).pdf
Background Check - http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/pdf/VolServices/Application_VolunteerID_Cards.pdf
The volunteer's impact on our students is not only with their improved academic levels but also with the "hope" they bring to our facilities as well.
New Jersey Department of Corrections
Trenton, NJ 08625
Office - 609-292-4036 x5325