The Peer Advisor Program was designed to connect prospective Criminal Justice majors currently taking Introduction to Criminal Justice (01:202:201) to the advising staff, as well as ensure those students are receiving valuable advising and academic information pertaining to registration, Rutgers digital academic platforms, University resources, etc.
Students currently enrolled in all sections of Introduction to Criminal Justice are required to participate in the Peer Advisor Program as part of their participation grade. (Please refer to your individual professor's syllabus for more specific information.) Students are required to attend a one-on-one session between February 4th and April 5th. All Peer Advisors will be hosting their weekly office hours in Lucy Stone Hall, room A359. You can find the Peer Advisor office hours here: Peer Advisor Office Hours. [You do not need to schedule an appointment.] Please refer below to the appropriate instructions for completing your required peer advising appointment.
If you are a NON-SAS STUDENT:
- Instead of seeing one of the Criminal Justice Peer Advisors, you are required to make an advising appointment between February 4th and April 5th to see your academic advisor for your major. As proof of your advising meeting, you must obtain a business card from your academic advisor that is both signed and dated. After the business card has been signed/dated, you must legibly write your RU ID and name on the card.
- Business cards (and emails) must be received no later than April 5th at 3:00pm. All business cards must be dropped off with one of the Criminal Justice Peer Advisors during the scheduled office hours. You must present your RU ID (or driver's license) when dropping off your materials. **Absolutely no exceptions to the deadline**
If you are an SAS STUDENT:
- You must attend a one-on-one advising session with one of the Criminal Justice Peer Advisors between February 4th and April 5th. **Absolutely no exceptions to the deadline**
- When attending your appointment, you must bring your RU ID and present it to the peer advisor. (If you do not have an RU ID, you may substitute with a driver's license.)
- The peer advising appointment will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Peer advisors will only see students on an individual basis; if your peer advisor is busy, please have a seat on one of the couches in the hallway and wait your turn.
- You are advised not to wait until the final week to complete this requirement: Peer Advisors are only available during their posted office hours and will not stay past their posted end time.